Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Number 7!!

I created this layout quite a few years ago with one of my very first Scrapbook Groups. This stamp set was (maybe still is) one of my favourites and the group really enjoyed creating this wintery scene.

A very magical evening occurred a few nights before my daughter was to leave for a student exchange in Australia for 6 months. It was about midnight; the snow falling outside was so incredibly bright it looked like it was late afternoon. So my dd and I decided to go for a walk - the beautiful fluffly snow flakes were coming down so quickly we had to keep brushing the snow away from our hats, glasses and the dog! The snow was up to our calves by the time we decided to head for home after about an hour. My dd said it was a wonderful memory to take with her to Australia. This layout has been sitting around for a long time but when I printed these pics, it all came together magically!!!

7/52 with lots more to come!





3 comments:

  1. It's beautiful Kim!! I would have never thought to create a scene like that on a layout!! Great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A magical layout Kim! Love how this turned out and I am so proud that I was a part of that scrapbook group from many moons ago!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what great layouts.....I have been terribly negligent in my blogging and commenting over the past couple of months. My apologies!!! We have been a bit consumed dealing with a family member with a terminal illness. The process has been eye opening, but also a priveledge and a pleasure to participate in. I will hopefully be able to get on here more. Keep up the great work..

    ReplyDelete