Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cards and Cards
































My friend, Roz, told me to use all my scraps to make cards. I'm not a card maker...in fact, not even a card sender. However, I hate to see paper (cool CTMH paper) wasted so I did follow her advice and created a bunch of card bases. My (Roz's) idea was to put paper on card bases and then 'pretty them up' when I needed to send a card.

My family threw me a surprise big number (ok it's 50) birthday party so my cards were put to great use! I prettied them up and sent them on and then got great reviews from them! Yay...I guess that means I'm now a card maker? Still don't like making them much but it's easier now when I just need to add some bling. Funny thing, tho, the scrap paper file still keeps getting bigger!

Some (most) of these cards are taken from the Wishes book so I'm fulfilling that part of the challenge. Just can't find the piece of paper I wrote them down on before mailing them off. I surprised myself by remembering to take pictures of them before they went in the mail!

Thanks for looking. More to come!

3 comments:

  1. These are great, Kim! I don't fancy myself a card maker, either, but it is nice not to have to go out and buy a card, either. And I have a HUGE pile of scraps I can't bear to chuck, either, so they might as well go to good use, right? Anyway, happy belated, hope you had a great day!!! I haven't been able to comment due to blogger issues, but I have been reading your stuff and am happy I can comment again! Hugs, Roxy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Kim!!! and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I like to make cards when I need a little break from scrapping. They don't usually take quite as much effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhooi,,
    Wow,, This card is a nice, beautiful and creative,,,

    Uhooi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete